Conservation Fees/Tariffs July 2011 – June 2013
All Visitors have to produce valid identification documents to confirm resident status.
|Fees Quoted in:||US$ = United States Dollar|
|UGX = Uganda Shillings|
Download our fees document here
Park Entrance Fees
- These fees do not include package activities like Mountain Climbing, Gorilla tracking, Bird watching, Chimpanzee tracking and Chimpanzee habituation experience.
- A day's entrance ticket is valid for twenty four hours from time of entrance
Note: The above rates do not apply to packages activities such as Mountain Climbing, Gorilla tracking, Bird watching, Chimpanzee tracking and Chimp habituation experience.
Note: Landing fees exclude entry fees payable by passengers. Pilots en-route do not pay entry fees if they stay for less than 2 hours within the park.
Ferry Crossing at Murchison Falls National Park
Transport Hire: To Kidepo Valley
Note: The booking process and rates for accommodation may change without notice as these facilities are due for further redevelopment and possible changes in Management.
Guided Nature Walk
Note: 2 hours activities for children below 12 years at Kibale at US$ 5 per child per day
Guides for Game drives
Sport Fishing Permit
Permit excludes park entrance fees except for Annual sport fishing competition.
Wildlife Research Tours
By special arrangement with the Tourism Department, interested groups may negotiate for a fee to participate in the following periodic activities
Animal counts (general or species specific)
Commercial Filming & Photography
All fees exclude park entry fees
Short-medium filming period (maximum 30 days)
- 1 to 5 people(crew) US$ 600 per day
- More than 5 people(crew) US$ 150 per extra
person per day
Long Term filming more than 30 days for each extra day after 30 days
- 1 to 5 people(crew) US$ 400 per day
- More than 5 people(crew) US$ 100 per extra person per day
Filming Gorillas and Chimpanzee
- Gorilla filming: US$ 4000 per day, Excludes Gorilla permits
- Chimpanzee:US$ 1000 per day includes entry fees, excludes chimp permits
For all filming activities
- A refundable fee of US$ 1000 for a copy of the film.
- A 5% of the total cost of contract will be charged for off tracking during filming
Still Photography for Commercial use
US$ 150 per person per day
UWA Research Fees Structure
Note: Application fees and Research fees are non-refundable
b) FSR = Foreign Student Research
c) FRA/V = Foreign Research Assistant/Volunteer d) UNSR = Ugandan Non Student Researcher
e) UPhDS = Ugandan PhD Student
f) UMSCS = Uganda MSC Students
UGX 100000 per month for a group of up to ten individuals
Extra person will be charged UGX 50000 per month
Protected Areas with Vacant Staff houses will be rented at UGX 100,000 per room per month by East African Researchers and US$ 100 per room per month by non East African Reserchers.
Ugandan Researchers Assistants, free
Foreign Research Assistant/Volunteer will also be charged park entrance up to 10 days at a discount of 50%
Foreign students on field short courses with valid identity cards will be charged park entrance up to 10 days at a discount of 50%.
Water and electricity will be paid separately.
Ranger guide fees: see “Guides for Game drives”
- Use rights license fee of US$100
- Export permit fee of US$100
- Value of specimens at the existing rate
Derivatives (e.g. dung, skin samples, blood samples, plant parts, etc)
- Permit application fee of US$ 20 each time a researcher applies for and export permit
- Specimen collection fee of US$ 50 per kilogram or less, • Liquid samples US$ 50 per Litre of less
- Over 6 kg of derivatives US$300 for each permit.
The following will be implemented as per UWA monitoring and Research policy
- Researchers' visitors
- Visitors to Research Stations