Getting around Uganda has never been easier – flexibility exists in use of private or public transport, with the improved transport network and extended communication facilities to even the remotest National Parks.
Traveling in Uganda is a true adventure. There are several ways to get around, and the option you choose will depend upon your time constraints and your budget. Travelling by road is the most accessible and cheapest way to travel, and public transport connects all major locations, and ventures far off the beaten track. For those short of time, domestic flights are available to many of the national parks.
Tour Operators and Public Transportation
Buses, taxis, VIP vans and several touring trucks operated by individual tour operators are available to help travelers reach their destinations. Motorcycle taxis, known as boda-bodas, can always be used for short distances. Safety can be a concern so its not recommended to travel by boda-boda without a helmet.
Self-drive options are best left for return visitors to the country and more seasoned travelers who are accustomed to driving in a variety of road conditions. You may find you are more comfortable leaving the driving up to a local driver guide who will also give you an interpretive commentary while you enjoy the scenic view.
Eagle Air operate the following flights between Kampala and the national parks:
Murchison Falls National Park – Pakuba Airstrip (daily)
Prices in US $:
- 1 pax: $435 single, $795 return
- 2 pax: $215 single, $395 return
- 3 pax or more: $145 single, $265 return
Daily charter flights are available to the following destinations. Prices will be quoted on request.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park (Mweya Airstrip)
- Kidepo Valley National Park (Apoka Airstrip)
- Murchison Falls National Park (Pakuba Airstrip)
- Bwindi mIpenetrable National Park (Ishasha Airstrip)
- Semuliki National Park (Semliki Airstrip)
- Rwenzori Mountains National Park (Kasese Airstrip)
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park (Kisoro Airstrip)
- Tel: +256 414 344292, +256 414 232185
- Website: www.flyeagleuganda.com
Additional charter flights can also be arranged with the following organizations:
Air Serv Limited
- Tel: +256 414 321251/2
- Website: www.airserv.co.ug
The Mission Aviation Fellowship
- Tel: +44 (0) 845 850 9505 (UK)
- Website: www.maf-uk.org
Kampala Aeroclub & Flight Training Centre
Kajjansi Airfield, PO Box 24305 Kampala, Uganda
ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- Tel: Mobile : +256 776 236699 Office : +256 772 706107
- Website: www.flyuganda.com