- Do not camp or make campfires except at official sites.
- Do not drive off the tracks.
- Do not disturb the wildlife by sounding motor horns.
- Do not drive in the park between 7:30pm and 6:30 am.
- Do not bring dogs or other pets to the park.
- Do not drop litter, especially cigarette ends or matches.
- Do not bring firearms or ammunition into the park.
- Do not pick flowers or destroy any vegetation.
- Do not exceed the speed limit of 40km per hour (25mph).
- Retain all official receipts for entrance, boat trips, fishing, etc, as you may be requested to show them at any time during your stay.
Gorilla Tracking Regulations
Before you set out:
- Do not visit the gorillas if you have a cold or other infectious illness.
- Human waste should be buried 30cm (12") deep
- Maximum number of visitors is eight people per gorilla group
When you are with the gorillas:
- Maintain a 7m (21ft) distance from the gorilla
- Smoking, eating and drinking are not permitted on the tour
- If you must sneeze or cough cover your face and turn away from the gorillas, as they can catch coughs and colds from humans
- Visits are limited to one hour per gorilla group per day
- Font Size
- Reading Mode