UWA Board of Trustees
Uganda Wildlife Authority is governed by a Board of Trustees whose major role is to ensure that the management of Uganda’s Wildlife and Wildlife Conservation Areas is in conformity with the Uganda Wildlife Policy 2014 and all laws of Uganda and contribute to the achievement of Vision 2040, the National Development Plan and Tourism Sector Development Plan.
The Board is guided by the Constitution of the republic of Uganda; the Uganda Wildlife Policy 2014, the Uganda Wildlife Act, 2019 and all Regulations made there under; all other relevant Policies and Laws.
The Board of Trustees is composed of nine (09) members as follows;
- A member with professional experience in wildlife conservation science and in activities related to wildlife use rights management.
- A member with professional experience in corporate Governance.
- A member with professional experience in matters related to management of protected areas;
- A member with experience in activities related to wildlife tour operations.
- A member with experience in activities related to tourism concessions in conservation areas.
- A representative of the ministry responsible for agriculture.
- A representative of the ministry responsible for wildlife.
- A representative of the ministry responsible for finance.
- A representative of the local communities surrounding the conservation areas nominated by Uganda Local Government Association.
The Executive Director is the Secretary to the Board